Welcome to the Norris Bank Parent Teachers Association (PTA)
The PTA brings together parents, staff and carers to raise money and support the school. The funds raised are used to provide resources that the school budget would not normally stretch to. The PTA is involved in a range of activities including:
- Raising funds to help the school provide additional resources for the children
- Organising fundraising events for parents and children
- Subsidising school trips, outings and other special events
- Organising monthly meetings to ask parents about how the PTA can help the school
Over recent years, the PTA have raised funds for:
- Key Stage 2 playground resurfacing, shelter and seating
- Key Stage 2 playground gazebo, trim trail and sports markings
- Key Stage 1 playground shelters, activity boards, hoop and climbing wall
- Reception playground overhaul
- Blinds and PA systems in the School Hall
- Dictionaries and thesaurus for Year 6
- Trikes for reception
Meet the PTA
- Michelle Knowles (Chair)
- Emma Lepp (Vice Chair)
- Jo Stanton (Treasurer)
- Hannah Keary
- Sarah Fletcher
- Jo Mearns
- Vicky Judge
- Nikki Lunn (Lotto)
How Can You Help?
There are several ways in which you can help raise funds for the PTA:
- Lucky Lotto: How would you like to help raise funds for your school and be in with the chance of winning a cash prize every month?
Norris Bank Lucky Lotto is a private monthly lottery draw, run by the PTA, which is open to parents, friends and relatives of pupils at Norris Bank Primary School. You can enter the draw by purchasing a Lucky Lotto Number, or more if you would like. Each month all the Lucky Lotto Numbers will be entered into a random draw and a cash prize will be awarded to the first 3 numbers to be chosen with a 1st prize and 2 runners up prizes. The amount of money won will depend on the number of entrants. Half the money raised goes towards the PTA fund and the other half will be shared between the winner and the 2 runners up. The more participants the larger the cash prize!!!
Each Lucky Lotto entry costs £2 per month, and this can be paid monthly or annually, by standing order or bank transfer. Winners are notified by Email with prizes to be collected from the school office. The winning number and prize money will be announced in the Friday issue.
Joining is really simple! All you need to do is fill out the form on the Google forms link below and press send that’s it. Once this form is received by the PTA you will receive a welcome email, with your lucky number/s and details of how to pay: Lotto Google form
- Buying Uniform: If you order uniform via ‘My Clothing’, the PTA receives a 5% donation from all purchases made. Select this link for more information: My Clothing
- Online Shopping: If you normally shop online with retailers such as Amazon and Marks and Spencer, you can raise funds for Norris Bank by shopping via easyfundraising®. easyfundraising® is free to use plus you’ll get access to hundreds of exclusive discounts and voucher codes. Select this link to register: easyfundraising® Norris Bank
- Match Funding: If you work for an organisation that has a match funding policy, any money you raise could be matched by your employer. Select this link for more information..
- Stikins® name labels: Select this link to order Stikins® name labels and raise money for the school. Use the code 14445 for Norris Bank: Stikins®
- Purchase a Norris Bank mug: Enquire at the school office
The PTA runs a number of fundraising events throughout the school year. They really rely on donations for raffles and auctions, parents giving up their time to help out and families attending these events and are grateful for any support that parents are able to give. The events running this year include:
- Family games night: 23-9-22
- Halloween disco: 19-10-22
- Christmas fair: 2-12-22
- Easter disco: 29-3-23
- Coinline: 19-4-23
- Summer fair: 30-6-23
The PTA are always looking for more volunteers to join us and help out at events. They have one meeting a month so if you would like to know more please feel free to come along to the next meeting.
You can contact the PTA on:
- Instagram: @norrisbankpta
- Facebook: Norris Bank Primary School Parent Teachers Association
- Email: email@example.com
Charity No: 1105738